Aventura Product Repair and Replacement Policy
The Aventura Product Repair and Replacement Policy applies to Aventura products that are subject to the Aventura Limited Warranty, both during the applicable warranty period (within-warranty) and following the applicable warranty period (out-of-warranty).
Aventura Technical Support should be contacted at support@Aventurasecurity.com for assistance with troubleshooting or technical support prior to the return of any possibly defective product. If the issue cannot be resolved, the product (whether within-warranty or out-of-warranty) may be returned to Aventura for inspection and, as applicable, repair or replacement.
To initiate a return of a possibly defective Aventura product for repair or replacement, the purchaser of the product (the “Returning Party”) must complete and submit the Return Request form available on the Aventura website, at Aventurasecurity.com/rma/. Once received and reviewed by Aventura, Aventura will issue a return merchandise authorization (“RMA”) number and shipping instructions to the Returning Party. The issuance of an RMA number and delivery of the product to Aventura does not constitute confirmation that the product is defective. Items returned to Aventura without an RMA number will be returned to the Returning Party at the Returning Party’s cost.
Upon receipt of the product, Aventura will assess the condition of the product and, as applicable, make the following determinations, all at Aventura’s discretion:
- Determine whether the product is in fact defective or otherwise damaged. If Aventura determines that the product is not defective or otherwise damaged, Aventura will advise the Returning Party and make arrangements to return the product to the Returning Party at the Returning Party’s cost.
- If the product is within-warranty, determine whether the defect or damage is covered by the warranty. If the defect is covered by the warranty, determine whether to repair or replace the product. The repaired or replacement product will then be returned to the Returning Party at Aventura’s cost. See also “Advance Replacement” below. If the defect is not covered by the warranty, Aventura will then advise the Returning Party of available options and proceed accordingly.
- If the product is out-of-warranty, determine whether the product can be repaired. Aventura will then advise the Returning Party of available options and proceed accordingly. See also “Out-of-Warranty Products” below.
Aventura may, at its discretion, use new, refurbished, or comparable parts or units in connection with the repair or replacement of any returned product.
Aventura may, at its discretion, replace any product in advance that is possibly defective, as long as such product is within-warranty (i.e. replacement may be completed prior to the product being physically returned to or inspected by Aventura). Once Aventura receives the product, Aventura will conduct a physical assessment of the product and provide confirmation of the return status.
If an advance replacement product is shipped to the Returning Party prior to the Returning Party’s shipment of the original product to Aventura, and Aventura does not receive the original product from the Returning Party within 30 days of shipping the advance replacement product, the Returning Party will be invoiced for the full price of the advance replacement product at the Returning Party’s standard contracted price.
If the returned product is determined by Aventura, at its discretion, to:
- have no faults or defects, the Returning Party will be invoiced for 40% of the standard contracted price for the advance replacement product (if an advanced replacement product has already been shipped); or
- be defective or damaged in a manner that is not covered by the Aventura Limited Warranty, the Returning Party will be invoiced for up to a maximum of 50% of the current MSRP price for the advance replacement product (if an advanced replacement product has already been shipped).
In either case above, the original product will not be returned by Aventura to the Returning Party.
For any advance replacement product, the balance of the warranty of the original product will continue to apply.